I met with our illustrator for the online magazine and I’m so excited for what’s to come. He is such an amazing and talented young man, full of creativity and insight for what is being accomplished with the publication. Grace, he really captures what I want to relay.
The illustrations really depict the brand I am trying to convey to readers. He understands the brand statement and the personality behind the publication. How wonderful it is to work with an illustrator in such a seamless manner. I know, I know, seems so unrealistic in this area. But you know what comes to mind, Grace? When things are just right, everything comes together: the people, the creativity, the ideas, the dream.
Off to play and create, again…
Eve, your online magazine sounds exciting. You are blessed to find an illustrator who is very talented and has the ability to bring your ideas to life. This is wonderful that your paths have crossed . . . or was he sent to you by an angel? Either way you will benefit from his talent and he will benefit from adding this project to his portfolio. Plus he is working with you, a dynamic and brilliant visionary! I can’t wait for your online magazine to go live.
As you move towards this new beginning, you may want to evaluate what you need to stop doing, how to work smarter and what needs to be reprioritized so you can stay in the creative flow of grace. Creativity needs an environment that allows it to flourish. Four things that come to mind to create this are: positivity, passion, persistence and play. Oh, how can i forget adding a little bit of prayer 🙂
1) Positivity opens up your eyes to see possibility. Negativity stifles creativity and blocks possibilities. Think of a great inventor. He or she was able to discover, in what most would consider a disaster, a great invention. Their positivity helped them see what others may have viewed as hopeless and a waste of time.
2) Passion is the catalyst that drives you to move forward on your idea. It is the initial spark that sets things in motion. This internal energy may begin with a little spark but under the right circumstances it will become fire that burns so bright to guide you when it gets dark.
3) Persistence is key to reach your goal. It is vital to the success of your project. Without this trait, you may begin to feel weary and give up on your idea or dream. It is darkest before the dawn breaks. Persistence will push you to break through the dawn into the light. It will lead you to a new beginning, a new birth for your idea or dream to come to life.
4) Play is a mandatory ingredient to creativity. This is your natural instinct from the time you’re born into the world. You see the entire world as a playground. Everything you can touch is a toy. Your mind imagines and wonders into places only you can see. Even learning is done through play. Play is food that feeds the curiosity of your mind, heart and soul.
5) Prayer (or meditation) is where your ideas are formed and is your garden where positivity, passion, persistence and play blossom. It is in the quiet where you can release the negativity by opening up windows to let fresh air in. This lifts your spirits to step into a more positive mindset where you can see with new eyes the possibilities all around you. The quiet also helps you sift through and discover your true passions and desires in life. During the day, you have a lot coming at you. You need this time to determine the embers that sit in silence waiting for a little friction (which is the sifting process) and oxygen to ignite the flame. The quiet also infuses energy that strengthens you. It is place where you can rest and refuel your mind, heart and soul so you can stay persistent on your journey. Lastly, prayer connects you with the Divine Creator who has given you the playground for you to play and create with him. In the quiet you can share your ideas and explore new ones. Prayer is the playground for your mind, heart and soul. Let them run free and enjoy the many wonderful adventures that God will take you on if you release everything.
These are exciting times. You have everything you need. So be positive, be passionate, be persistent, be playful and most of all be prayerful. I promise, you will be an inspiration to the world.
“Be still and know I am God.” Psalm 46:10 (Bible)